We help clients determine ways of engaging their target audiences online through highly interactive sites for public and private markets that our clients can easily manage.
We use open source tools so our clients can own the final product. We also specialize in translating complex information and messages into concise, dynamic, and interactive tools and content. We can create simple electronic brochures or complex online communities. We have extensive expertise integrating enterprise-level constituent relationship management (CRM) solutions with the content management systems (CMS) we custom-develop or customize.
Depending on the scope of the project and the client’s preference, we can develop a site with custom code or build a site around an open source CMS. The CMS we build into every site is customized to meet the needs of the client, including the need to align web-based data structures with offline databases and applications. Message Agency has particular expertise in developing sites using Drupal; to date, we have developed over 30 sites with this open source CMS.
We have implemented a range of sites, including:
- Online communities and professional communities/communities of practice;
- Information clearinghouses that cull data from multiple sites and index content;
- Intranets with integrated databases for data collection and reporting;
- Sites with HTML newsletters that allow administrators to target content to subsets of their registered users, based on reported interests;
- Websites that facilitate service provision for nonprofit organizations;
- Civic engagement websites
- Advocacy websites integrated with third-party advocacy services such as Democracy in Action and Get Active.
We regularly provide hands-on training workshops to ensure that clients are able to manage the site, and we post a downloadable user manual on the site’s administrator interface that includes step-by-step instructions (with screen shots) for using every feature in the CMS.